Vista Education Campus (VEC) does not have counselors as with typical schools.  They have much closer help and supervision through teacher assistants, teachers, and coordinators.  Typically, the best place to start is with a student's teacher.

General School Needs or Concerns

A student's teacher (case-manager) is the primary contact and support.  Concerns are best directed to her or him first.  Teachers are able to help with IEP items, graduation questions, problem-solving, social skills, testing and data needs, and preparing for a student's transition needs of:

  1. Further Training
  2. Employment
  3. and Independent Living.

Please contact them for these questions, concerns, or supports sought.

If a Crisis Concern Arises

If there is a concern for your student about imminent harm to self or others, please contact 911 and notify the office at VEC that you've done so.  It helps us to understand what may be going on and how we can support.

If you have a concern about a student believed to be in crisis or requiring responsive counseling or services, please contact the teacher.  They will have resources to draw from through the office.  Together, we'll work to provide help and support working together.  Communication is critical.